Monday, February 16, 2015

Test tomorrow is still a go, as long as GSU is open. But be SAFE.

Hi Tuesday/Thursday Folks: I'm receiving lots of emails and figured it may be helpful to post here for all to read. GSU has announced a "delayed opening tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 17, at 11am." That is also the same time we are scheduled to take the first exam of the semester.

I don’t have a lot of wiggle room in these situations, and if school is open at 11:00 AM (as is planned), then I will be giving the test as planned.

All of this said, I would never want any student to take a risk by driving in truly difficult weather. So, if you don’t feel safe getting to campus in time for the 11 am exam, then we’ll work out a make-up (see syllabus for make up policy). I will ask any student who requires a make up exam to provide verification of their address, so I can know that there was a legitimate reason for skipping the exam. This is to say, if you live on campus, or near campus, or near functioning public transportation, or your commute is one we would consider otherwise safe, you should plan on being here tomorrow @ 11am.

Again, your safety is my absolute and primary concern. Hope this is helpful, and I hope you all are warm and dry! I biked home from campus tonight. Wouldn't recommend anyone else try that!